Soft tofu dishes are generally very subtle in flavor working best with a light-bodied, clean white wines. With firm or dry tofu dishes, you want acidic wines to accentuate the texture of the tofu.
- Chianti – Castelgreve
- Sauternes – Chateau Doisy-Védrines
- Gewürztraminer – Chateau Ste. Michelle
If your salad has a tangy vinaigrette, reach for a high-acid white like a sauvignon blanc. If you are using kale in lieu of lettuce, it’s best to pair by other ingredients in the salad. Your best bets will probably still be zippy whites.
- Riesling – Carl Sittman
- Sauvignon Blanc – Reserve Sainte Olive
- Gavi – Fiore Della Vita
Since mushrooms are earthy, they pair best with complementary earthy reds or full-bodied whites.
- Pinot Noir – Josh Cellars
- Chardonnay – Landscape “The Oak”
- Pinot Gris – Cricklewood