Rack of Lamb
Lamb is a more delicate red meat, so it benefits from a lighter, more delicate wine. It’s best to opt for more medium-bodied wines or bold reds with smoother tannins.
- Syrah – Marques de Navarro
- Petit Sirah – Spellbound
- Malbec – Conquista
This dish is very rich and hearty. It works best with a bold wine whose tannins and peppery flavor can stand up to it.
- Côte du Rhône – Mas Arnaud
- Cabernet Franc – Marques de Navarro
- Cabernet Sauvignon – Landscape “The Rock”
You’ll want to find a low-tannin red to pair with an exotic dish like lamb tagine. These fruitier reds usually pair well with the fruits used in tagine.
- Nero d’Avola – Costa al Sole
- Rioja – Campo Viejo Reserva
- Montepulciano d’Abruzzo – Nine 17